Mistakes made by doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers can leave victims with significant pain and suffering, deformity, unending disabilities, and can even cause death. Making things more difficult is the fact that those healthcare providers are defended by large, powerful insurance companies and defense attorneys who work hard and expend tremendous amounts of money in an attempt to limit the compensation that you may receive for your injuries. In order to fight those powerful insurance companies and hospitals for the compensation you deserve you need an experienced and aggressive attorney who will work hard on your behalf and stand up for what is right. The Law Offices of Nicholas A. Parr and the attorneys in his network would be honored to guide you through this complicated process and to fight for compensation on your behalf.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider “breaches the standard of care,” which is the term we used to describe negligence by doctors and other healthcare providers. The “standard of care” is what a reasonably competent healthcare provider, with similar training and experience, would do under the same or similar circumstances. When a healthcare care provider treats a patient negligently, and that negligence causes injury to a patient, the elements of a prima facie case of medical malpractice have been met.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN I RECOVER?
Damages in medical malpractice cases can be catastrophic, having a far reaching impact on victims’ lives. If you have been the victim of medical malpractice, your damages might include:
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of ability to perform household duties
- Loss of consortium (damage to a marital relationship)
WHAT TYPES OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES DO YOU HANDLE?
The Law Offices of Nicholas A. Parr, and the attorneys in his network, have handled many different types of medical malpractice cases. Regardless of your course of care, we are happy to review ANY potential case where a healthcare providers actions caused an unnecessary injury to a patient.
While the instances in which a medical malpractice case may arise are endless, here are a few examples of some of the types of cases and injuries that we have worked on:
- Wrongful death (a medical mistake, in any circumstance, leading to death)
- Spinal cord injuries and other injuries leading to paralysis
- Surgical errors
- Nursing Home Abuse and Injuries
- Medication errors
- Emergency room errors
- Birth injury, including obstetrical and neonatal malpractice
- Kidney injuries and other injuries to internal organs
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Gentamicin ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity
- Stroke and failure to administer tPA
- Improper management of high blood pressure
- Failure to diagnose
- Transient Ischemic Attacks
- Cancer misdiagnosis